Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My dad

This is sort of a late Father's day post but I needed to write this because it needs to be said. 
My father is amazing and it kills me that I don't show enough of my appreciation and love towards him. He's always there for me when I need him, and he's always good for advice and company. He's not always home; he has work in another state and comes home every 2 months or so. I miss him everyday and sometimes I will admit, I feel like I get used to being alone without him. It's awful that I'm so comfortable with that but I know that there is always a missing piece to our family when he's not around. He's not the perfect father; he has his flaws, he knows when he's done something wrong, or when he makes a huge mistake and won't own up to it, but he tries his hardest. He tries to be the best dad a daughter could ask for. If you ask me, my sister, and my half siblings, we would all tell you that our dad is the most caring and determined father we could ever ask for. He's always there even during the rants I have, and when I stress him out and be quite the handful, but he never gives up. It's easy for him to just walk away and say "I can't do it anymore" but he doesn't because he's strong. I admire him for that. 
This past year, he's become sick and has been hospitalized a few times. He's getting surgery and I pray that everything will be alright and soon he'll be healthy again. I love him to the moon and back.

A quick note: To all of you who have their father with them, I suggest you go and hug him and tell him how much he means to you. Even if he's not living with you, pull out your phone right away and spend just a few minutes, or even hours, talking to him and cherishing every moment you have with him.

-Bella Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely comment and put a smile on someone's face Xx